Sat, 02 Oct|
The wonderful world of glazing With Caroline Kesteleyn.
Did you find or get a glaze recipe somewhere? Do you still feel too insecure to get started? In the introduction to glazes, we already take you a long way into the glaze world. Two consecutive Saturdays; October 2 and 9 you will come and learn a lot.
Time & Location
02 Oct 2021, 09:30 – 09 Oct 2021, 16:30
Ostend, Edmond Laponstraat 6, 8400 Ostend, Belgium
About the Event
The workshop will take place on 2 and 9 October, each time from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
What is covered in the introduction to glazes:
Did you find a glaze recipe somewhere in a book or one online or did you get a recipe somewhere? Do you still feel too insecure to get started?
In the introduction to glazes, we already take you a long way into the glaze world.
We constantly alternate theory and practice on the basis of a number of themes.
- theme 1: What is a glaze? & About stabilizers, glass formers and melters.
- theme 2: Which raw materials & What do we all need in a glaze factory?
- theme 3: Oxides as dyes and opacifiers.
- theme 4: Mixing methods
- theme 5: What do we learn after hours of mixing? Discuss the tests.
- theme 6: Where can I find good recipes (online)? How do I read and interpret them?
Minimum 8 and maximum 10 participants
Included is all materials and the firing of the samples
a syllabus and pictures of the results of the tests.
coffee, tea and soup during the break - bring your own lunch.
glaze course with Caro K
+€4.88 service fee
+€4.88 service fee0